There is nothing better than having a good brew outdoors in the summer. And this is what we expect from a good camp chair because it’s the little things that make us happy! Although the internet is full of best-camping chairs you will find our list is unique. What makes our list stand out is, we have a selection of best camping chair in the UK which makes these chair suitable for the weather and needs of Britsh people.
Many of us have used a plastic chair or usual foldable chair for camping but now is the time to update our chairs and use these camping chairs instead. Here is the list of best camping chair UK.
Best Camping Chair UK 2020
1. Vango Kraken Oversized Folding Chair
This chair is ideal for a person that’s heavyweight or a person who is looking for extra space. The seat and backrest are padded for comfort and are waterproof and soft to touch due to its 600D tightly weaved polyester material.
The steel frames which make this chair sturdy are of 19mm thick and are texturised for a more satisfying finish.
It securely locks into position with the locking frames that are also compact folding. This chair endures up to 180kg weight.
It has a low centre of gravity which also supplements to toughness and endurance of the chair.
For storage, there’s a handy carry bag provided with the pack. The downside to this chair is its lack of cupholders and the hard steel arms that are not padded.
- Weight: 4.54 kg
- 600D polyester DuoWeave fabric
- 19mm texturised steel frames
- Padded seat and backrest
- Carries up to 180 kg weight
- Storage bag provided
2. KingCamp Moon Saucer Camping Folding Round Chair
This chair is the best gift you can get for yourself to relax while camping. If you adventure lover but also want to go out there and relax, this saucer chair can keep you company.
This cair comes in 3 different colours which look chic and attractive. The alloy steel frame of the chair makes it durable and weight only 4.5kgs.
This is a perfect heavy-duty summer camping chair with a padded seat to offer you utmost comfort.
This is a chair for you if you are the one who likes to keep your drinks and phone close. As this chair comes with a cup holder and a back pocket. It is the ideal camping chair that can be set up in just a few seconds and also keeps away all the fuss while folding it into the bag too.
This will be your perfect mate while watching the sunset as well while you relax and take a sip of your favourite drink.
- Padding for complete body comfort
- Inbuilt cup holder and cooler bag
- Provided with a back pocket
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Breathable and moisture-wicking fabric
- Comes is in 3 colours- Blue, Green, Red
- Carries up to 120 kg weight
- Chair weight: 4.5 Kg
3. Trekology YIZI GO Portable Camping Chair
The Trekology YIZI Go has many mesh panels to foster more excellent airflow around your body as you sit. It’s ideal for hot weather camping, or for those magnificent heatwave days at the beach or park.
This mesh design chair is your no sweat buddy even if you sit for a long time.
A rather clever feature is the unique design, this chair looks like a normal camping chair but it gives you the feel of lounge moon chair.
It also has a special Terragrip feature which prevents the chair from sinking on to sand or mud. Hence, the chair rests well on sand as well as grass and paving and mobs down easily into a weather-resistant carry bag when not in use.
The chair has a small pocket which can store a few items in it.
- Weight: 960g approx: 1 kg
- Supports up to 135 kg
- Terragrip feet that prevent it from sinking into sand or mud
- Heavy-duty rust-proof aluminium frames
- Mesh fabric at the back of the chair
- Zippered and mesh fabric bag with velcro carry straps
- Loop design for easy assembly
4. Coleman Sling Chair
Here’s one for simplicity lovers. This simple chair is rather sturdy and can hold up to 113 kgs.
The lightweight aluminium frame is rust-resistant and sturdy enough, whilst its 600D polyester fabric is resistant to abrasion.
This chair may have a classical chair looks but wait, there is more, this chair is reclined to a certain angle and a high backrest to support your head.
Moreover, it can be folded down into a snug size after and stored away into the included bag. Function, simplicity and practicality are specialities of this chair!
So if your plans on camping are to sink into a chair, close your eyes and relax, then this chair is definitely for you.
With its collapsible design, you won’t be required to withdraw or put on the chair fabric each time, just open or collapse the chair whenever necessary
- Weight: 960g approx: 3.7 kg
- Supports up to 113 kg
- Easy to store in the provided strapped bag
- No hassle while setting up or collapsing the chair
- Elongated backrest to support your head
- Comfortable reclined chair angle
- Easy to clean chair
- Lightweight aluminium non-rust frame
5. YourGEAR Camping Chair Ortona
This large Moon Chair with a diameter of 100 cm offers a very pleasant sitting comfort due to the full-surface upholstery.
The cross-over frame is made of powder-coated metal and is designed for a load of up to 130 kg. The special pressure-stress points are reinforced on both the frame and the seat cover.
Due to the big footplates, the chair finds a stable and safe stand even on soft floors. The seat surface, made of outdoor-suitable material, is water-repellent and quick-drying.
This robust material made of 600D Oxford is UV & weather resistant, tearproof, hard-wearing and can be cleaned if necessary.
The folding chair can be folded up to save space and easily transported in the supplied packing bag.
- The seat cover is made of robust 600D
- The cross-over tubular frame construction of the chair provides the best stability
- Seat and backrest are upholstered throughout
- Due to the wide footplates, the chair finds a stable and safe stand even on soft floors
- The chair is delivered in a practical packing bag with shoulder strap
- This chair relaxes quite wonderfully
- All stress points are equipped with reinforcements
- Sturdy seams & edge trimming with binding
- The chair can be folded in a compact bag provided
- Loadable up to 130 Kg
6. Uquip ROXY Portable Folding Chair
One of the most stylish camping chair on our list, the Uquip ROXY is created to endure various types of terrain with its extra-wide stable feet and a strong steel frame, making it perfect for a wide range of outdoor activities – camping, fishing, outdoor festivals, hunting etc.
Yes, it has its own pivoting drink holder but the clever part is the bottle opener fixed on the leg of the chair.
When it’s time to get up and go, a matching large stylish carrier bag is included.
- It is easy to set up or store
- Capacity: max.120 kg.
- Sturdy powder-coated steel frame
- It sits stable in hard and soft surfaces both
- Comes in a 600D rip-stop polyester with comfortable padding
- Provided with big, durable plastic feet
- Equipped with a bottle holder and also with a bottle opener
- Chair weight: 5.4 Kgs
7. Outwell Catamarca Arm Camping Chair, Black
With this cair you can not only keep one beverage but 2 beverages in your chair. How? With the inbuilt 2 cup holders.
This Built using high durability steel that is robust and durable as well as being extremely lightweight and the extra-large seat is made from a hard-wearing 100% polyester fabric that not just feels comfortable and supportive but that can withstand the harsh camping environment with ease. No-fuss assembly, just take out from the handy carry bag and unfold.
The unnoticed feature about this product is this chair comes in 2 sizes: X-Large and classic size.
Maintaining all features same the only difference between these sizes is the extra-wide seat in XL size chair.
oAlso, you must take note that both sizes have cupholder but the XL size have 2 holders whereas the Classic size has just one.
- Durable and high strength alloy steel frame.
- No bar behind the knee makes it comfortable for long hours sitting.
- Polyester fabric is of high quality and easy to wash.
- Patterned chair fabric makes it look attractive.
- The powder-coated steel frame makes it rustproof.
- 2 cupholders provided on armrests
- Bears up to 150Kgs of weight
8. Trail Outdoor Leisure Padded Folding
Hold your beverage close, but hold on to your snacks and camping accessories even closer with a pouch to store your drink, as well as a number of other items.
This chair also has a breathable mesh ‘target points’ which are designed to prevent your neck, back and buttocks getting hot and sweaty when you’re relaxing on a sunny day.
The armrests are extraordinarily wide for a more comfortable posture and they can also be locked in place for maximum stability; even better, the seat and backrest are padded for added comfort.
The backrest is high enough to support your neck and reduce the stress on your lumbar.
The aluminium frame offers both lightweight and sturdiness, and it’s also easy to fold and store in the included carry bag.
- Lightweight chair weighs in just 3.5 kgs
- Can bear up to 120kgs of weight
- Have breathable mesh target points to keep your body sweat-free.
- Elongated backrest to support your lumbar and neck.
- Wide armrests with integrated cupholder/ pouch.
- Comes in 4 colours: Blue, Green, Purple and Red.
- The chair is lightly padded and provides expected comfort.
9. Highlander Folding Camp Chair
Highlander has been developing and challenging outdoor products for over 35 years. Hence you can expect a good quality chair from this brand.
This is a super light chair weighing just 2.2kgs to make your long walks more comfortable. Yes, this chair has all the basic needs which you expect from a camping chair. A handy cup holder is built into the armrest so your drink or mobile is always at arm’s length.
Although this chair looks sleek, we must assure you must not go on its loos as this is a very sturdy chair. It can bear weight up to 100kgs maximum.
The fabric of this chair is made up with a Polyester PVC coated material makes it easy to wipe down and clean with a damp cloth.
A matching colour carry bag with handle is included with your purchase which allows you to carry it in your hand or throw it over your shoulder.
- Chair weight: 2.2 Kgs and easily transportable
- Can bear weight up to 100kgs
- The chair fabric is made from Polyester PVC coated material
- The fabric is easy to clean, maintain and is highly durable
- Comes in a matching bag with handles
- The durable and strong alloy steel frame is easy to fold.
- This chair comes in 3 unique colours/patterns: Berry, Camo and Orange
10. Harbour Housewares Folding Metal Beach
The most interesting feature of this chair is it comes in a pack of 2 and is perfect for camping trips and thus, makes in the list of our best camping chair UK.
Made from long-lasting and hard-wearing steel, these chairs are built for both persistence and pleasure.
The angular feet support to secure the chair in place so you can unwind with no worries tumbling over your head.
This chair is constructed from breathable fabric so you can stay cool even in a glorious heatwave.
While the powder-coated armrests let you absorb up the sun in supreme comfort. Plus you get to choose from stripey blue, green or red colours.
- Has a durable & hardwearing steel framework
- The framework is powder-coated to make it rust-free
- Comes in 3 colours: Green, Red and blue
- Twin sharing capacity which can be detached
- Breathable easy to clean fabric.
What To Look For In A Best Camping Chair UK?
Sitting on a comfortable chair will help you enjoy the camping experience in the best way possible. But with so many camping chairs available in the market, how do you choose the right one for your next outdoor trip. Therefore, we have put together a handy guide to make the choice a little easier.
1. Frame Structure
As aluminium has a high strength-to-weight ratio and is corrosion resistant most of the current model uses this material.
2. Fabric material
A coated rip-stop nylon fabric is used due to its durability and water resistance capabilities. Closed-cell foam padding is used for extra support and cushioning. Compared to nylon, these closed-cell foam pads are a lot more comfortable. Both the nylon and foam fabric are very durable.
You should look for light and sturdy chairs that are convenient to transport. The best camping chair should be easy to transport and must come with a carry case that has handles or straps.
4. Chair Weight
Carrying heavy gears and equipment for long distances can lead to lower back pain. So, you have to factor in the overall weight of your camping chair before buying it.
5. Weight Capacity
The chair you choose should be able to hold your weight easily without showing any signs of strain. Not all camping chairs can hold the same amount of weight. So you must check the weight capacity of a camping chair before buying it.
You don’t have to buy the most expensive camping chair out there, it’s about finding the right chair that fits your budget and needs.
7. Bonus Features
Depending on how you plan to use your chair, there are bonus features that make your experience better. Some things that we would look out for are accessory pockets, insulated beverage pockets, cup holders, footrest, and reclining ability.
What are different types of best camping chairs UK?
There aren’t really any specific “types” of camping chairs, but over the years, a number of distinct design conceptions have developed, so we are using these to adapt the best camping chairs UK so far.
1. Backpack Cooler Chairs
These chairs are relatively lightweight and fold into a backpack shape for effortless portability. When expanded, they have soft foil insulated coolers attached to the sides or back. This unique combination of lightweight materials, design, and insulation make for something you can take everywhere.
2. Big and Tall Camping Chairs
If you’re a larger, higher person, then you’ve presumably already run into the problem that “regular-sized” camping chair won’t fit you. These tend to be more solidly built (and correspondingly heavier) than their standard-sized equivalents.
3. Camping Loveseats
Of the several types of camping chairs on the market, the one thing most of them have in common is the fact that they’re designed for a single occupant. That’s what makes camping loveseats unique. If you’re fond of camping with your partner, then a camping loveseat is an excellent addition to your kit. It will make your next camping expedition immensely more special.
4. Camping Chairs with Canopies
Canopies are useful not just in terms of keeping the sun’s rays off of you but can make your camping expedition a whole lot more comfortable if you get caught in the rain (which, let’s face it, is bound to happen at some point).
5. Ergonomic Camping Chairs
These chairs tend to be significantly more expensive than most other camping chairs, but they’re well worth the added cost, especially if you suffer from chronic back pain. Finding a chair that offers lumbar support and Zero-G seating then, seems almost magical.
6. Hanging Chairs
Intended to be hung from a firm tree branch, they provide a surprisingly relaxed swinging seating experience. Be prepared, however, that they’re not as comfortable to pack in as standard camping chairs, and it may be the case that you won’t be able to find a suitable place to hang your chair.
7. Kid-Sized Camping Chairs
Almost all the various types of camping chairs you can buy also come in “kid-friendly” sizes. These are functionally alike to their full-sized counterparts, just created for younger folks with smaller bodies. If you like bringing your kids with you when you go camping, these are must-haves.
8. Swivelling Camping Chairs
If you design the layout of your camp with this feature in mind, you’ll be able to reach almost everything you need with a simple twist of your chair. Even better, the addition of this feature doesn’t (at least in most cases) add significantly to the total cost.
9. Ultra-Light Camping Chairs
These types of camping chairs don’t score high marks for comfort, but they make up for that where absolute convenience and ease of transportation are concerned. You can even find tripod-style chairs that nearly resemble barstools, although again, these aren’t chairs you’ll want to kill all afternoon lounging in. But it is better to have something (a camping chair) than nothing (sitting on the ground)!
How did you find our list of best camping chair UK? Do comment and share your thoughts about chairs below.